Masterclass in Copenhagen:
IoT Security and Verification
This masterclass gives a general introduction to IT and IoT security, vulnerabilities, and adversaries, and introduces the audience to best practice for design, implementation and certification.
10:00-10:30 Registration and coffee/tea. Welcome – programme of the day
10:30-12:00 Søren Debois: Understand the cyber threat and your risks
12:30-13:30 Carsten Schürmann: Security: From requirements to implementation
13:30-13:45 Break w. coffee/tea
13:45-14:45 Carsten Schürmann: Security protocols for IoT
14:45-15:00 Thank you for today
What will you gain from participating?
After the masterclass, you will be able to:
- Map your company's current IT security situation
- Assess the most common cyber threats, associated risks and best countermeasures
- Ask constructive questions and requirements internally and vis-à-vis external partners and suppliers
- Become familiar with best practice in IoT security design
- Ask questions about security reviews and certification
The masterclass is targeted at companies who use IoT in their products or systems or who are thinking about implementing IoT in their business.
No background in cybersecurity is necessary.
Masterclasses on IoT cybersecurity
This masterclass is part of a series of masterclasses on IoT cybersecurity organized by the CIDI project in collaboration with InfinIT and the Danish Industry Foundation:
- The Internet of Hackable Things (Lyngby 5 November 2019)
- The Internet of Hackable Things (Aarhus 21 November 2019)
- IT Security and Verification (Copenhagen 23 January 2020)
- IT Security and Verification (Aarhus 6 February 2020)
- Standardized product-centric cybersecurity (Hørsholm 12 March 2020)
- Standardized product-centric cybersecurity (Aarhus 21 April 2020)
If you have any questions about the masterclass, please contact Laura Møller.
The masterclass is organised by Søren Debois and Carsten Schürmann, IT University of Copenhagen, in the context of the CIDI project (Cybersecure IoT in Danish Industry) and in collaboration with InfinIT.
About CIDI – Cybersecure IoT in Danish Industry
Danish companies can strengthen their market position with new products and services based on IoT and industry 4.0 technologies. However, to reap these benefits, cybersecurity must be the number one priority. The aim of the CIDI partnership is to help Danish companies take a leading position in the market for secure smart products. CIDI is funded by the Danish Industry Foundation, and the project partners are: The Alexandra Institute, FORCE Technology, DTU Compute and the IT University of Copenhagen. Read more about the strategic partnership here.